Having an Accident Prevention Plan is the most important step a parent can take to protect their loved ones from drowning. Drowning is the #1 cause of accidental death of children younger than five years old. The majority of these deaths occur while the parent is supervising.
Accident Prevention Plan
- Secure your pool with appropriate barriers. Completely surround your pool with a 4-feet high fence or barrier with a self-closing, self-latching gate.
- Place a safety cover on the pool or hot tub when not in use and remove any ladders or steps used for access.
- Consider installing a pool alarm that goes off if anyone enters the pool.
- Keep children under active supervision at all times. Stay in arm’s reach of young kids. Designate a responsible person to watch the water when people are in the pool—never allow anyone to swim alone.
- Ensure everyone in the home knows how to swim well by enrolling them in age-appropriate water orientation and learn-to-swim courses.
- Keep your pool or hot tub water clean and clear. Maintain proper chemical levels, circulation and filtration. Regularly test and adjust the chemical levels to minimize the risk of earaches, rashes or more serious diseases.
- Establish and enforce rules and safe behaviors, such as “no diving,” “stay away from drain covers,” “swim with a buddy” and “walk please.”
- Ensure everyone in the home knows how to respond to aquatic emergencies by having appropriate safety equipment and taking water safety, first aid and CPR courses.
Life Saver’s removable pool fences are the safest in the world. You can be confident knowing you have purchased the safest, and most durable removable pool barrier you can buy anywhere.
Life Saver Pool Fences and Gates come with a Lifetime Warranty. Click here to request your FREE pool fence estimate!